Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mini Makeup Review

Hey everyone!

So I'm doing a mini makeup review.

When I say mini, I really mean it. Like 2 items lol

I will be doing another CD review of LMFAO, Down With Webster and Nickelback since my last one seemed to be so loved.

First I'm talking about the TokiDoki Adios palette
Includes glitter white, icy gray shimmer, matte black, matte slate gray

Front - closed

Bottom - opened. Glue is where the charm is

Upclose. You can see the neat characters

The shadows up close - natural light

SWATCHES

Side view - natural light

Natural light - names

With flash

Again with flash

Charm beside the case.


I find the shadows somewhat chalky and when you barely touch them - to apply - they become very powdery. They aren't very pigmented and it takes a few coats to get the black to be very noticed. It is very matte though, which is hard to find. So many black shadows look matte but aren't.

Price: Sephora.com says 19$ [25$ value] but I got it on sale.

Over all I'd give it
3.5/5 Stars

Great colours, would be better for younger kids though. Matte black is a bonus though.



MAC Mineralized Blush in "Dainty"

When I stopped into MAC, I was searching for something that was soft and glowy.
Something that would transition to spring/summer but could also be multi-use.

I'm not 100% but I believe this blush is in the "Naturally" collection. There was so many choices and I almost went with "Summer Haze" but after talking to one of the MAC Artist there [whom I adore - he's such a sweetheart and got me into pigments!]

So this is the colour we decided would be great for my skin tone.

Up close


Attempted swatch. It's very sheer.

Closed


Base.


If you're looking for a more glow blush that's quite sheer, this is definitely great. Fair skin tones best but I can't imagine it being horrible on more tanned skin.
Of course, you should test it to see if it's right for you.

I am going to get more mineralized blushes. They're gorgeous!

Price: 26.50$ Canadian

4.5/5 stars
Down side: very sheer so it seems to be barely there or too much. Somewhat hard to blend out.




DISCLAIMER:
No one asked me to review this. All personal opinions and does not reflect the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment