Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions!

Hey Everyone!

NEW YEARS iS SO SOON!

Does everyone have plans?

This year Matt and I are staying in. We're doing late Christmas with his dad on New Years Day. I'm still not sure what I'm wearing, mind you I have no idea what's going on still. I got a really nice rhinestone shirt from my mama for Christmas.


Is anyone doing any resolutions?
I am. I'm only doing simple stuff.
Here's a few - with reasoning!

1 - No Stereotyping/Judging

We're all guilty of it at some point or another. Even if it's seemingly harmless, someone would be insulted.
I have a habit of creating lives of people. I basically judge their appearances and assume how their lives are. Which is still stereotyping/judging.
My granny was actually a victim of this about a month ago. She use to have a bump near her place and one day she slipped. A man was walking by and said "You can lie there you drunk!"

Cruel, right?

Irony, my granny use to have maybe one drink a year. Now she can't drink and has problems with her leg/knee [hence why she fell]
When I spoke to my mum about this incident later she said that people make a lot of accusations because of the area we live in.

This is what prompted this resolution.

2 - Don't Settle For Anything Less Than Fabulous!

Everyone should feel fabulous, no matter who you are! Male, female, old, young, gay, straight, bisexual, single, coupled, etc.
What do I define as fabulous? Comfortable in your own skin.
Bruno Mars got it right when he said
"Cause you're amazing, just the way you are!"

If you feel comfortable wearing all black, then wear all black!
If you feel comfortable wearing a face full of makeup, then do it!

I've realized recently that if you don't know who you are, you're generally not comfortable with yourself.

Why settle for anything other than who you are??



I'll let you guys think about this,
and I'll see you in the new year!

Happy 2012 and stay safe!

xo
Moi



P.S -
If there's anything you want more [or less] of let me know! I'm pretty much up for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment